"Jamie "The Jet" Lathroum Flies High in Saturday Winchester Main"
"DeHaven All The Way in LLM Slugfest"
By Doug Watson
Winchester, VA- Mechanicsville Maryland's Jamie Lathroum took top-honors in last Saturday nights 35-lap Late Model feature at Winchester Speedway. The win for Lathroum, worth a cool $3000 pay day,was his first Winchester feature win since 2013 and his second overall in 2015 and it came in his familiar MBH prepared MasterSbilt no.6.
The re-draw placed Jason Covert and Jamie Lathroumon the front-row for the start of the event with Lathroum out-dragging Covert to become the pace setter as the field roared off turn-two. Lathroum had his machine set-up to perfection as he would eventually lead all 35-laps to post the popular win. Lapped traffic allowed Covert to get close to Lathroum more than once,but he was unable to mount a serious threat and would settle for runner-up money. "It's been a while since we've got one here." A happy Lathroum stated in his post-race interview. "We drew a good number for the feature and I knew I had to beat Jason (Covert) into the first corner if we had a shot to win and we were able to get it done." Lathroum's only scare during the race was lapped traffic as the last 24-circuits went caution-free. "The track was really narrow tonight." Lathroum stated. " If you got out of the rubber it was pretty slick, but the lapped cars did a good job and we were able to get through with no problems." Brad Ritter, Ross Robinson and JT Spence rounded out the top-five. Heats for the 24 cars entered went to Kyle Hardy, Covert and Spence.
Jonathon DeHaven drove a masterful race to score the win in the 30-lap Limited Late Model headliner and the $1500 winners share that came with it. Like Lathroum in the Late Models, DeHaven blasted from his second-starting spot to grab the lead on lap-one and would eventually lead the distance to score the win. Fourth-starting Jake Jones, gave DeHaven a handful over the final 12-laps but would settle for second, his career-best effort at Winchester. "I have to hand it to Mark and Eddie Pettyjohn for a great race car tonight." Said DeHaven. " They probably got tired of hearing from during the week but their help allowed us to win this race tonight." Derrick Quade, opening day winner Jeremy Coffey and Tyler Horst completed the top-five. Heats for the 24 cars on hand went Ralph Morgan Jr., Horst and Dehaven.
Defending track champion Mike Franklin swept to his second-straight win in the 15-lap Pure Stock main. Franklin came form his sixth-starting spot to grab the lead on lap-10 and would drive off uncontested to take his second win at Winchester and second of the weekend as he won at Potomac Speedway on Friday night.Tony Catlett, Sam Crouch, Jeremy Tinsman and Jerry Jenkins Jr. filled the front-five.
Justin Hottle collected his first win of the season in the 15-lap Four Cylinder feature. Hottle, who lined-up fourth for the start, wrestled the race lead from Tommy Whitt on lap-seven and would drive off to a convincing win. Whitt held tough for second with Austin Stover, Allen Whitt Jr.and Ed Gageby rounding out the top-five.
Larry Lamb drove to his first-career feature win in the nightcap 15-lap U-Car main. Travis Clark took the lead from Lamb on the tenth-circuit and actually took the checkered flag, however, Clark's machine failed a post-race inspection handing the win to Lamb who apparently finished second. Terry Leach, Jason Wilkins, Jeff Wilkins and Charlie Good rounded out the top-five.
Late Model feature finish
1. Jamie Lathroum 2.Jason Covert 3. Brad Ritter 4. Ross Robinson 5. JT Spence 6. Kyle Hardy 7. Jason Miller 8. Allan Brannon 9. Dale Hollidge 10. Les Hare 11. Kenny Moreland 12. Chris Fletcher 13. Amanda Whaley 14. Tom Decker Jr.15. Nick Davis 16. Walter Crouch 17. Jacob Burdette 18. Scott Merryman 19. Carl Grady 20. Tom Decker III 21. Rob Nichols 22. Kris Eaton 23. JR Overstreet 24. Mark Eshelman
Limited Late Model feature finish
1. Jonathon DeHaven 2. Jake Jones 3. Derrick Quade 4. Jeremy Coffey 5. Tyler Horst 6. Billy Beachler 7. James Lichliter 8. Tyler Emory 9. Transton Stoner 10. Wesley Bonebrake 11. Kevin Deremer 12. Devin Frey 13. Garrett Paugh 14. Michael Alderman 15. Justin Weaver 16. James Carte 17. Mitch Miller 18. Jimmy Richards 19. Dallas Richards 20. Pat McNeal 21. Daniel Snead 22. Craig Guido 23. Jeff Koller 24. Ralph Morgan Jr.
Pure Stock feature finish
1. Mike Franklin 2. Tony Catlett 3. Sam Crouch 4. Jeremy Tinsman 5. Jerry Jenkins Jr. 6. Chris Sumption 7. Hopper Steele
Four Cylinder feature finish
1. Justin Hottle 2.Tommy Whitt 3. Austin Stover 4. Allen Whitt Jr. 5. Ed Gageby 6. Allen Vaughn 7. Matt Williamson 8. Roger Whitlock 9. Jesse Boyce 10. Michael Pfaff 11. Randy Linaburg 12. Eric Siebert 13. Ricky Feltner
U-Car feature finish
1. Larry Lamb 2. Terry Leach 3. Jason Wilkins 4. Jeff Wilkins 5. Charlie Good 6. Jacob Whitt 7. Josh Wilkins 8. Chris Mowery 9. Greg Carrico 10. Randy Wilkins 11. Ricky Runion 12. DA Reger 13. Robert Vorous 14. Corey Swaim 15. Alan Dice 16. Kasey Campbell 17. Travis Clark (DQ)