"Last Lap Pass Nets Winchester First for Greg Roberson"
"Imler Best in RUSH Crates"
By Doug Watson
Winchester, VA- Greg Roberson used a bit of late race heroics to score his first career Winchester feature win in last Saturday nights 20-lap Limited Late Model headliner. The win for Roberson, aboard his MasterSbilt no.19, made him the sixth different feature winner in the six races run for the class this season.
Wesley Bonebrake and Bubby Dillman drew front row starting spots for the feature with Bonebrake surging into the race lead as the field entered turn one. Third starting Greg Roberson tucked into second in the second lap and went after Bonebrake. The lead duo would race nose to tail for the next seventeen circuits until Roberson ran deep into turn one on the final lap, overhauling Bonebrake, and would take the popular win by a car length at the finish. "I've finished second so many time here, I figured I was either going to win this thing or end up in the parking lot." A happy Roberson stated afterward. "Greg (Gunter) had this place just about perfect tonight and we really enjoy coming here and It's a great feeling to finally get a win up here." Bonebrake held tough for second with Jonathan DeHaven, Bubby Dillman and James Lichliter rounding out the top-five. Heats for the 21 entries went to Roberson, Bonebrake and Lichliter.
John Imler took advantage of his outside front row starting spot to score his first Winchester feature win of the season in the companion 20-lap RUSH Crate Late Model main. Imler would pace all 20-circuits steering his BRC Lazer no.63, but would have to fend off the repeated advances of eventual runner up Matt Tarbox to preserve the win. "I'm shocked to be here." Imler stated post race. "We threw some things at the car this week and we were here basically to test and to get a win is not what we expected, but I'll take it." Transtan Stoner took third with Darin Henderson and Logan Roberson completing the top-five. Heats for the 18 car field went Imler and Mike Franklin.
Justin Hottle continued his domination of the Four-Cylinder ranks as he drove to his 7th feature win of the season in the 25-lap "Billiy Sonner Sr." memorial. Hottle took the top spot on the sixth lap from Ethan Ours and would go on to lead the duration, earning the hefty $1000 winners check. "We wanted this one bad," Said Hottle. "Dad and everyone on this team had the car perfect and it means a lot to our family to win this race." Ours held on for second with Tommy Whitt, Randy Linaburg and Ed Gageby rounding out the top-five. Heats for the season high 26 entries went to Ours, Hottle and Whitt.
In other action, current Pure Stock point leader Chris Sumption drove to his 4th win of the season in the divisions 15-lap feature, Kevin Oates scored his second victory of the season in the 15-lap U-Car contest with Scott Rickrode claiming the win in the 10-lap Penn-Mar Vintage car feature.
Limited Late Model feature finish
1. Greg Roberson 2. Wesley Bonebrake 3. Jonathan DeHaven 4. Bubby Dillman 5. James Lichliter 6. Travis Stickley 7. Buddy Wilson 8. Devin Frey 9. Cody Kershner 10. Bruce Kane 11. Austin Stover 12. Cody Lipscombe 13. Jason Smith 14. Jake Moser 15. DJ Groft 16. Jeff Koller 17. John Moser 18. Scott Merryman 19. Kevin Deremer 20. Danny Zechman 21. Don Woodruff
RUSH Crate Late Model feature finish
1. John Imler 2. Matt Tarbox 3. Transtan Stoner 4. Darin Henderson 5. Logan Roberson 6. Mike Franklin 7. Scott Sweeney 8. Kris Eaton 9. Darren Alvey 10. Gunner Kerr 11, Jennae Piper 12. Timmy Booth 13. Tyler Hoy 14. Jacob Piper 15. Levi Crowl 16. Devin Brannon 17. Whittney Merryman 18. Joe Hall
Four Cylinder feature finish
1. Justin Hottle 2. Ethan Ours 3. Tommy Whitt 4. Randy Linaburg 5. Ed Gageby 6. Gary Newell 7. Kevin Thomas 8. Frankie Gordon 9. Brandon Seibert 10. Willie Dodson 11. Roger Whitlock 12. Melvin Ours 13. Allen Vaughan 14. Rick Mcmanay 15. Daren Pingley 16. Doug Sales 17. Michael Pfaff 18. Tim Williamson 19. Rich Newcomer 20. Charles Stallman 21. Dustin Arnold 22. Darryl Breeden 23. William Wentz 24. Barry Hawbwaker 25. Jacob Whitt 26. Allen Whitt Jr.
Pure Stock feature finish
1. Chris Sumption 2. Tony Catlett 3. Jeremy Tinsman 4. Sam Crouch 5. Darrin Younker 6. Rob Nichols 7. Mike Grady Jr.
U-Car feature finish
1, Kevin Oates 2. Jacob Lewis 3. Jeff Wilkins 4. Gene Wilson 5. Austin Nichols 6. TJ Collins 7. Randy Wilkins 8. Allen Griffith 9. Kalli Hockensmith 10. Brent Howell 11. Michael Webb 12. Ricky Pier 13. Justin Bowley 14. Jason Wilkins 15. Branson Gibney 16. Jeff Heflin
Penn-Mar Vintage feature
1. Scott Rickrode 2. Gene Wrightstone 3. Mark Rickrode Jr. 4. Randy Minnich 5. Stew Wenrich 6. Glenn Pobletts