"Trever Feathers Winchester First Comes in Lee Stultz Memorial"
"Kyle Lee, Transtan Stoner Take Crate and Limited Mains"
By Doug Watson
Winchester,VA- Hometown product Trever Feathers drove to his first win of the season in last Saturday nights 35-lap "Lee Stultz Memorial" at Winchester Speedway. The win for Feathers, worth $2500, was the 2013 track champions second career win at the track and first on over two years.
Ross Robinson and Feathers brought the field to green with Robinson surging into the race lead as the field scattered off turn two. Robinson would pace the field for 13 laps until Feathers got by Robinson with an outside pass off turn two. Feathers would lead the remainder of the event, but would have to keep the pesky Robinson at bay during the late stages of the event to score the popular win aboard his Barry Wright Race Cars no.20. "It's an honor to add my my name to the list of people who've won this event." Feathers stated in victory lane. "This is the first race that we've won since I got married and it was great to do it here at Winchester." A solid qualifying effort poised Feathers for a trip to victory lane. "We were finally able to qualify well." Feathers quipped. "We've been struggling with this car all season and we made some changes during the week and all the hard work paid off because this car was the best it's been all season." Robinson held tough for second, current point leader Dale Hollidge came home third with Mark Pettyjohn and Kyle Hardy completing the top-five. Heats for the 24 entries went Jason Miller, Hardy and Robinson.
Transtan Stoner wired the field to score his 3rd win of the season in the 20-lap RUSH Crate Late Model main. Stoner, who lined up second for the start, would eventually pace all 20-circuits steering his MasterSbilt no.M14 over eventual runner up Logan Roberson. "We had some traction isuues the last few times we raced this car, but it was just about perfect tonight." Stoner stated. "This is such a tough class, and to win here again is a great feeling." Greg Roberson was steady in third with Kyle Lee and Kris Eaton trailing at the finish. Heats went to Kyle Lee and Logan Roberson.
After his third place effort in the Crate main, Kyle Lee jumped into his Rocket no.2T, and would take his first win of the season at Winchester in the 20-lap Limited Late Model feature. Mitch Miller lead the first 10-laps from his outside pole before Lee swept by on the 11th circuit to become the new leader. Lee would then lead the final 9-laps unchallenged to become the 7th different winner in the class this season. "Uncle Dougie and everyone on this team gave me a great race car tonight." Lee stated post race. "Mitch was running a really good race and I wasn't sure if we's be able to get him, but he bobbled just once and I was able to get by. It's great to come to place we don't run very much and to get a win." Miller came home with a career best runner up performance with Travis Stickley, Austin Stover and Kevin Deremer rounding out the top-five. Heats went to Stickley and Lee.
In other action, Ricky Feltner enjoyed a career night as he swept the two 15-lap Enduro Stock features with current standings leader Justin Hottle ripping from his 12th starting spot to collect his 9th win of the season in the 15-lap Four Cylinder feature.
Late Model feature finish
1. Trever Feathers 2. Ross Robinson 3. Dale Hollidge 4. Mark Pettyjohn 5. Kyle Hardy 6. Jason Miller 7. Brian Tavenner 8. Matt Cosner 9. Larry Ramsey 10. Roy Deese Jr. 11. Jonathan DeHaven 12. DJ Myers 13. Brad Omps 14. Tommy Armel 15. Charlie Schaffer 16. Randy Burkholder 17. Jacob Burdette 18. Cody Gray 19. Roger Jenkins 20. Mark Eshleman 21. Tyler Horst 22. Walter Crouch 23. Don Woodruff 24. Mike Steck
RUSH Crate Late Model feature finish
1. Transtan Stoner 2. Logan Roberson 3. Greg Roberson 4. Kyle Lee 5. Kris Eaton 6.Steve Lowery 7. Bruce Kane 8. Matt Tarbox 9. Mike Franklin 10. Scott Sweeney 11. Timmy Booth 12. Devin Brannon 13. Dave Friedrich 14. Joe Hall 15. Darin Henderson 16. Jacob Piper 17. Whittney Merryman
Limited Late Model feature finish
1. Kyle Lee 2. Mitch Miller 3. Travis Stickley 4. Austin Stover 5. Kevin Deremer 6. Wesley Bonebrake 7. Jonathan DeHaven 8. Chad Myers 9. Jason Smith 10. Ryan Walls 11. Buddy Wilson 12. Scott Merryman 13. Dallas Richards 14. Tom Chaffins
Four Cylinder feature finish
1. Justin Hottle 2. Randy Linaburg 3. Jason Stoner 4. Ethan Ours 5. Michael Pfaff 6. Allen Whitt Jr. 7. Jacob Whitt 8. Willie Dodson 9. Brandon Seibert 10. William Riley 11. Melvin Ours 12. Frankie Gordon 13. Larry Frame 14. Tommy Whitt 15. Scott McCartney
Enduro Stock feature (1)
1. Ricky Feltner 2. Bryan Neff 3. Paul Jones 4. Tyler Gray 5. Danny Holmes 6. Ralph Hansberger 7. Kevin Lee 8. Rodney Miner 9. Allen Jones 10. Dalton Dillman 11. William Crook 12. Tommy Caravello 13. Dusty Dillman
Enduro Stock feature (2)
1. Ricky Feltner 2. Bryan Neff 3. Tom Caravello 4. Allen Jones 5. Dalton Dillman 6. Paul Jones 7. William Crook 8. Tyler Gray 9. Ralph Hansberger 10. Brandon English 11. Jamie Mills